Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Coffee House Menu - What Is All that Stuff

Do you walk into a coffee house Erectile Dysfunction look at Massachusetts Lemon Laws menu board and quickly start feeling dizzy? What is all that stuff and why would I want to try something I am not sure how to pronounce? Well, after dumping several into the trash bin and wishing I had not gone there, I started asking and researching the world of coffee. It use to be so simple and now you can get lost in the first menu offering. So here is a simplified plain English description on the top specialty coffees I have researched.

Espresso: Thick concentrated robust coffee not for the faint of heart. Espresso is a lot (for one small cup) of finely ground coffee usually of dark roasted beans that has had hot water Pressed thru the puck of Arkansas Lemon Laws to have that intense, concentrated and severally strong small cup of coffee. Can you tell that is not my cup of coffee? But for those who Specialty Coffees the flavor with the intense jolt of caffeine that is your drink of choice and I would advise you to sip it slowly and savor it over time. that is also the base for several other popular specialty drinks.

Cappuccino: Espresso for the light hearted. It is smooth creamy and sweet. It starts with espresso and then steamed milk is added and topped with heated frothed milk. Now you can embellish with flavors or sip it straight. I love mocha so I have a touch of chocolate added. Now that is my kind of espresso.

Latte: Cappuccino with a twist. It is espresso with steamed milk but more of it and less foam topped by whipped cream if you like. When I am in a coffee mood but not ready to get comfy that is the drink of choice and of course you can add flavor of your choice to that drink too. Latte is a great to go drink for sipping and running at the same time winter or summer because you can get it blended with ice. Did you know that ice blended coffee has a true coffee flavor to the last drop and the caffeine is more intense also. That's the word on the street anyway. I do know I enjoy the coffee flavor more in a blended latte over the hot latte. That is the latte that has my name all over it.

Frappe: Latte with more. It is espresso with milk and ice cream topped off with whipped cream! Can you say dessert? that is to die for. Anyone who is a coffee drinker that loves ice cream what more could you want? Add your own special flavor and if they have choices of ice cream change that around from time to time for the dessert of the week. Ooh La La! Oh my gosh I am so ready for a ice blended frappe mocha!

One last coffee drink to cover.

Frappuccino (A registered trademark and product of Starbucks): Is their accident at work claim ice blended coffee. It is very much like the Frappe but seems to be sweetened flavored milk rather than ice cream and blended with ice to give it that thick wonderful goodness. It is right up there with the desert of the week. I always get mocha with extra whipped cream. And if I am shopping where there isn't a Starbucks I can pick up a premixed bottle at the local Supermarket. They usually have one chilled just waiting for me. How perfect is that.

Well now you might be able to wade thru the jungle of coffee house menus a bit better. It would have saved me a lot of time and wasted money to have read that early on in my coffee house blitz. And there are many more wonderful coffee drinks out there so I recommend that you get out there and fearlessly dive in and find your drink of choice for at least that week.

Find more information at www.justcoffeeinfo.com/specialty_gourmet.htmlJustCoffeeInfo about Roasting coffee, all about Decaf, your favorite Brands, Specialty and Organic coffee, Coffee Makers or discover the Photo Mug at www.justcoffeeinfo.comwww.justcoffeeinfo.com


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?